Millet with Pineapple, Coconut & Flaxseed
Millet grains form a soft, gluten-free breakfast porridge with a slight crunch. Coconut and pineapple give the dish a taste of the Tropics.
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup millet
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup large-flake unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 4 teaspoons flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Whisk in grains.
- Return to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and top with soy milk, fresh pineapple, coconut, flaxseeds, and maple syrup.
We found this delicious recipe at www.marthastewart.com.