These grilled scallops are FANTASTIC and really simple to make. Once prepped, they take less than 6 minutes to cook. They can be served as an appetizer for four, or as a main dish for two.
- 1 tbsp raw honey (I like to buy local)
- 1 large navel orange (or 2 small)
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- oil for the grill
- 12 jumbo sea scallops, about 1lb
- kosher salt and black pepper
- double prong metal skewers
- Cut the ends off the orange, and cut the remaining orange into 4 1/2-inch thick slices. Cut each slice into 4 pieces. Squeeze the juice from the remaining orange to get 2 tablespoons.
- In a small bowl combine honey, 2 tbsp orange juice and ginger.
- Heat the grill or a grill pan to high. Clean grates oil well so the scallops don’t stick to the grates.
- Thread the orange and scallops onto the skewers, starting and finishing with the orange. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill about 2 minutes on each side, until the scallops are opaque throughout, then brush and baste with the sauce and cook 30 to 60 more seconds on each side.
We found this delicious recipe at www.skinnytaste.com.